The One with the Update Part II

by Rumour Miller on February 28, 2010

Pin It

Oh I have been tired. This last trimester is kicking my ass but I’m still pregnant! Today is 32 weeks 4 days. The contractions have settled down a lot and are very few and far between.

I saw my OB late last week and finally felt like we had some of our questions answered. You know, the ones that came up after I saw my Endocrinologist. There are a few game plans depending on how things progress.
I have not had any more lows since seeing my Endo last Tuesday. I guess it could have been that I was taking too much insulin. However, my after meal blood sugars are not controlled now. I’m not really sure what she will want to do with that. I do believe that not having any more lows, is a good thing.
If I have another low, I am to go straight to Obstetrical Triage and depending on the time of day they will have a fetal assessment done right away. If it is the middle of the night, they will admit me and monitor baby until morning and then send me for a fetal assessment.
I have a fetal assessment on Wednesday regardless of what happens in the meantime. Depending on what they see at that fetal assessment, there are a few things that could happen.
1. If things look good – do nothing and continue monitoring until baby decides to come on her own or until my scheduled C – Section date of April 8, 2010.
2. If things look okay, and I have some time they may give me steroids. Since the contractions have really laid off, I don’t see needing the steroids but that’s not my call. And;
3. If things don’t look good or there are any concerns about baby – they may decide to do a C – Section right away.
So I feel really good about this right now. Although I do find that I am using my doppler more. The baby moves so much but when she has been quiet for a bit, I start to worry and run to my doppler. Sometimes, I am able to will her to move. The other day, I was cooking dinner and thought, “Hmmm, when was the last time she moved.” Then as I started to get a bit anxious about it, she started moving.
So that’s my update. We’ve had our family/maternity photos done and I am officially finished work. With my other two Divas I never got the chance to enjoy my “time off” before their arrival since they arrived so early. My first official day off is Monday….. so let’s see!
Follow Me on Pinterest


Rachel M. February 28, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Wow things are really coming together! Glad to see that.

Rumour Miller February 28, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Yes! I'm so happy. Despite the lack of comfort and sleep these days, it's a small price to pay for a few more weeks of pregnancy!

Piccinigirl March 1, 2010 at 11:36 am

wow, sorry the snowy weekend in the NE had me out of the loop. Sounds like you have some questions answered and that you are feeling better.I can't wait to meet Diva #3 and hope you are feeling much better. (I know you're still pregnant, so how comfortable can you be) but ….you know what I mean. 🙂


Previous post:

Next post: